Guadeloupe islands are an archipelago made up of several islands : Basse-Terre, Grande-Terre, Les Saintes (one of the most beautiful bays in the world), La Désirade and Marie-Galante.
Add to that multiple islets all around the islands.
That’s a first good reason to come and visit Guadeloupe, you have so many things to discover !
Here are some informations and tips you need to know before to come 🙂
Languages spoken :
French, English, German, Creole.
Best times to come visit Guadeloupe :
On average 26° to 31° all year.
Cyclone season : from June to November.
High tourist season : from December to April.
- Air Antilles : Saint-Martin Grand Case, Saint-Barthélémy, Martinique, Santo Domingo
- Corsair : Paris; Nantes; Brest; Fort-de-France; Saint-Martin
- Air Belgium : Brussels-Charleroi
- Air Canada : Montreal
- Liat : Barbados; Dominica; St. Lucia ; Antigue; Anguilla; Trinidad & Tobago; Santo Domingo; Saint Kitts; Saint Vincent; Tortola
- Air Caraïbes : Cayenne; Fort-de-France; Havana ; The Saints ; Marie-Galante; Panama; Paris; Port au Prince; Saint-Barthélemy; Santo Domingo; Saint-Martin ; St. Lucia
- American Airlines : Miami
- Air France : Cayenne; Fort-de-France; Miami; Paris; Port au Prince ; Santo Domingo; Saint-Martin
Cruise companies :
Costa, MSC Cruises, Windstar cruises, Crystal cruises, Tradewinds, Star clippers, Holland Amerca Line, Regent seven seas cruises, The yachts of seabourn, Azamara club cruises, SeaDream yacht club, Viking cruises, Ponant, Sea cloud cruises.
– Hotels up to 5 stars
– Villas with swimming pools
Landscapes you can find :
– Protected marine reserves
– Tropical forest
– Different sand ranges (white, yellow, orange, brown, black)
– Hot springs
– Private islets
Getting around the island :
– Car / taxis
– Charter flights
Local flavors :
Rum is the drink of the Antilles, and of course of Guadeloupe.
You can taste punch with all the flavors of local fruit, followed by Creole specialties.
When you will visit Guadeloupe, you must taste our local food such as accras, black pudding, coconut sorbet, dombré ouassous or pigtail, lobsters, sea urchins, smoked chicken, bokits and agoulous.
Local musics and dance : gwoka, zouk, reggae, dancehall, kompa, soca, biguine, mazurka.
Carnival season : from January to March.
Beliefs : mainly Catholic, but also other present beliefs such as evangelists, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, animists, etc.